Merchants are accustomed to feeling the pressure during the holiday season. But this year, like last year, is an entirely different ball game. The typical preparation frenzy is compounded by the shipping delays and labor and material shortages caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the wave of cases attributed to the Delta variant. To alleviate merchants’ holiday stress, we’re sharing insight into what is causing these shortages and delays and why it’s important to order holiday gift cards early to prevent panic as holiday promotions begin.
What is Causing the Shortages and Delays?
The pandemic has created a ripple effect on every part of the global workforce, especially when it comes to logistics. Here are a few insights to paint a picture of why the 2021 holidays can be a logistical nightmare.
- According to research done by The Washington Post, supplied by Freightos Group, it now takes nearly double the time to ship an item from Asia to the United States.
- The labor shortage is affecting semi-drivers to a crippling degree, slowing the delivery of nearly every product, no matter the source.
- Shutdowns related to the pandemic, compounded with workforce shortages across the country, mean fewer labor hours are available to keep orders fulfilled.
What Do Shortages and Delays Mean for Your Gift Card Orders?
Because of these delays and shortages, gift card companies, like Card Market, are urging customers to place their orders as soon as possible to ensure that they have their gift cards in time for holiday sales. It’s essential to consider having your gift cards ready for promotions starting at or before Black Friday and through Christmas.
If you have not yet ordered gift cards, take this as a sign to submit your order today!
Your gift card orders are essential for the holiday season, as gift cards and related promotions can dramatically increase your revenue during the holidays and well into the following year. You do not want your business to miss out on potential revenue, so your team must be proactive in ordering enough gift cards to last through the end of the year.
Card Market Customers: Send Us Your Gift Card Needs As Soon As Possible!
For Card Market customers, those order submission deadlines are as follows (to ensure that you’re prepared for the holiday season, starting with Black Friday):
- For custom gift cards, place your order by October 20, 2021
- For Card Market Pro accounts, complete your setup by October 27, 2021
As a special gift to our customers this holiday season, we’ve decided to waive our setup fee for Card Market Pro through the end of the year!
Have Questions or Ready to Get Started?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out today if you have any questions. Our team is here for you to help make this holiday season smooth and prosperous!